600 million people will watch the race in over 140 countries with more than 70,000 in attendance at Aintree on the day. 40 horses and their jockeys will line-up in what is the ultimate test in British horse racing. The Grand National course has much larger fences than normal.
What horses are in the Grand National 2021?
Here’s a full list of Randox Grand National 2021 finishers…
- 1st – Minella Times (Rachael Blackmore) 11/1.
- 2nd – Balko Des Flos (Aidan Coleman) 100/1.
- 3rd – Any Second Now (Mark Walsh) 15/2.
- 4th – Burrows Saint (Mr P W Mullins) 9/1.
- 5th – Farclas (Jack Kennedy) 16/1.
- 6th – Blaklion (Harry Skelton) 50/1.
How many horses died in the Grand National?
The Long Mile and Houx Gris have died at the Grand National festival this year, following fatal injuries. Twenty-nine horses have died as a result of racing at the Grand National meeting since 2010.
Has a 100 1 horse ever won the Grand National?
Over the course of the history of the Grand National, five horses have won the race at 100/1 odds. These five horses are tied for the longest odds of any winner of the race. Some of these long shots have fascinating stories to accompany their legendary rides and will go down in horse racing history as a result.